Nonprofit Technology Consultant
Build Consulting is growing! We are looking for team members with diverse nonprofit technology experience to join our team as consultants. Qualified individuals will play a critical role in enriching projects by bringing forward-thinking solutions to our clients. Build Consulting team members think creatively to solve problems and communicate opportunities to our clients through our transformative work.
The Consultant will work on a team of experienced management and technology consultants to assist with organizing and executing business and technology projects on behalf of our clients. Successful candidates will have strong interpersonal skills, be self-starters, and enjoy problem solving.
Consultants play a central role to our projects and are motivated by understanding complex business/organizational requirements and their technology implications. Consultants help our clients align technology projects to broader technology and organization strategy.
Consultants will work on technology assessments, selections, and implementations where we guide nonprofits through strategies that result in meaningful, enduring impact on their mission.
You will have the opportunity to deepen your understanding of nonprofit technology solutions from diverse perspectives and develop your consulting skills.
You’ll partner with other Build Consulting team members with nonprofit technology experience in a project-oriented environment working with multiple clients. Though projects are typically executed by teams, much of your work will be performed independently and from a home office, co-working space, or client site.
- Work closely with end-users and Subject Matter Experts to review existing business processes and identify opportunities for efficiency and improvements
- Elicit and analyze requirements from end-users. Transform requirements into new and updated existing business processes, ensuring alignment with designed configuration of underlying technology
- Document technical solutions in user-friendly language that combines needed business information with functional technical writing
- Communicate frequently, effectively, and professionally with internal and external customers and vendors
- Take notes and produce status reports
- Assist in the management of project plans and schedules
- Additional duties as assigned
Location and Work Environment
Position is location-flexible (Build employees currently work either from home, on-site with clients, or from our DC office), with roughly up to 50% of time traveling to clients site. Many of our clients are headquartered in the greater Washington DC area, but we also have clients throughout the United States.
Key Skills and Characteristics
- Motivated by challenges and learning new things
- Ability to quickly learn new technology
- Capable of engaging with clients at all levels of an organization with strong relationship management skills and proficient in developing rapport
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage several concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and independent thinker who thrives working remotely and willing to engage colleagues
- Strong, creative problem solver
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for client deliverables and company marketing efforts (blogs, webinars, etc.)
- Team player and willingness to jump into any project
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
Successful candidates for a position with Build should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or have equivalent work experience that can demonstrate work experience utilizing the core competencies, skills, and abilities above
- Three or more years in Nonprofit or Education sector working with program officers, fundraisers, managers, etc.
- Experience playing a significant role in complex technology implementation projects that required significant change for an organization
- Broader interest and understanding in the nonprofit technology sector that enables nonprofit transformation.
About Build Consulting
Build Consulting, founded in 2015, has deep nonprofit and technology experience. We are committed to developing a strong company where work has an element of fun/play and we take time to build great relationships with fellow employees and the clients we serve. More information about what it is like to work at Build and the benefits we offer can be found here.