Build Consulting is growing, and this is an opportunity to work with a diverse team with individual perspectives, experiences, and talents who bring this all together to transform nonprofits.
The ideal candidate has extensive nonprofit technology experience including leading large, complex technology implementations. In addition to deep nonprofit technology experience, we value strong interpersonal skills, ability to contribute to focused and compelling findings and recommendations and create clarity for our clients.
You will work on project teams with our technology consultants to organize and contribute to business and technology projects that help our clients transform.
What You’ll Do
Senior Consultants lead our projects and apply their nonprofit technology experience to understanding complex business/organizational requirements and their technology implications.
The Senior Consultant will work on technology assessments, selections, and implementations where we guide nonprofits through strategies that result in meaningful, enduring impact on their mission. You will:
- Interview and engage key stakeholders
- evaluate key business systems,
- engage key internal experts, conduct research, and
- help deliver forward-thinking and strategic recommendations.
The Senior Consultant will have the opportunity to deepen their understanding of nonprofit technology solutions from diverse perspectives and evolve their consulting and technology leadership skills through working with colleagues and a spectrum of nonprofits with a range of requirements.
Who You’ll Work With
The Senior Consultant will partner with other Build Consulting team members with nonprofit technology experience, in a project-oriented environment working with multiple clients. Projects are typically implemented by teams. Because our team members are distributed across the U.S., the majority of work will be performed remotely from a home office or client site.
Examples of Project Responsibilities
- Develop clear, accessible, and digestible findings and roadmaps that help organizations understand what is required to transform
- Work closely with end-users and Subject Matter Experts to review existing governance, operations, business processes, data, and technology–and identify opportunities for efficiency and improvements
- Elicit and analyze requirements from end-users to inform business process improvements, documentation to include in RFPs, and socialize current and future state.
- Document technical solutions, in user-friendly language that combines needed business information with functional technical writing
- Communicate frequently, effectively, and professionally with colleagues, executives, clients, and vendors
Core Competencies, Skills, and Abilities
- More than 7 years of experience working in a nonprofit (501c3 or similar) organization in a technology leadership role
- Experience working on an enterprise-wide, phased nonprofit solution implementation
- Motivated by challenges and learning new things in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of engaging with stakeholders at all levels of an organization with strong relationship management skills and proficient in developing rapport with diverse audiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for client deliverables and company marketing efforts (blogs, webinars, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and independent thinker who thrives working remotely and is willing to actively engage colleagues and clients. Build Consulting is headquartered in Washington DC, but our team is located throughout the US and works remotely
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
Successful candidates for a position with Build should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience that demonstrates the core competencies, skills, and abilities above
- Seven or more years in nonprofit or education sector working with diverse stakeholders such as program officers, fundraisers, managers, etc.
- Experience in leading complex technology implementation projects that required significant change for an organization
- Broader interest in and understanding of the nonprofit technology sector
- Comfortable working remotely, from a home office, and using collaboration tools to engage with team members and clients
Location and Work Environment
Position is location-flexible (Build employees currently work either from home or on-site with clients), with roughly up to 50% of time traveling to clients’ sites. Many of our clients are headquartered in the greater Washington DC area, but we also have clients throughout the United States.
About Build Consulting
Build Consulting, founded in 2015, has deep nonprofit and technology experience. We are committed to developing a strong company where work has an element of fun/play and we take time to build great relationships with fellow employees and the clients we serve. More information about what it is like to work at Build and the benefits we offer can be found here.