Nonprofit Technology Senior Consultant
Build Consulting is growing and is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our team. The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience aligning technology strategy and organizational strategy in nonprofit environments.
In addition to deep nonprofit technology experience, we value strong interpersonal skills, ability to contribute to focused and compelling findings and recommendations and create clarity for our clients. Together, we develop holistic, compelling, and actionable plans and projects lead to transformation at our client while building meaningful, lasting relationships.
Through our work, and working with our talented team, we are committed to creating opportunities for growth and professional development underpinned by a strong culture that emphasizes work/life balance.
What You’ll Do
Senior Consultants serve as the delivery lead on our projects and apply their nonprofit technology experience to understanding complex business, organizational, and technological requirements.
The Senior Consultant will work on technology assessments, selections, and implementations where we guide nonprofits through strategies that result in meaningful, enduring impact on their mission. You will:
- interview and engage key stakeholders,
- evaluate key business systems,
- engage key internal experts, conduct research, and
- help deliver forward-thinking and strategic recommendations.
The Senior Consultant will have the opportunity to deepen their understanding of nonprofit technology solutions from diverse perspectives and evolve their consulting and technology leadership skills through working with colleagues and a spectrum of nonprofits with a range of organizational missions and strategies.
Who You’ll Work With
The Senior Consultant will partner with other Build Consulting team members with nonprofit technology experience, in a project-oriented environment working with multiple clients. Projects are typically implemented by teams but there are times where, based on project size, the Senior Consultant will work independently. Because our team members are distributed across the U.S., the majority of work will be performed remotely from a home office.
- Create meaningful and lasting relationships as a trusted advisor/thought partner with the organizations you work with
- Develop clear, accessible, and digestible findings and roadmaps that help organizations understand what is required to transform
- Work closely with end-users and Subject Matter Experts to review existing governance, operations, business processes, data, and technology–and identify opportunities for efficiency and improvements
- Elicit and analyze requirements from end-users to inform business process improvements, documentation to include in RFPs, and socialize current and future state
- Document technical solutions, in user-friendly language that combines needed business information with functional technical writing
- Communicate frequently, effectively, and professionally with colleagues, executives, clients, and vendors
- Participate in sales, project scoping, and RFP responses in partnership with the Director of Business Development
- Support Build’s thought leadership including blogs, webinars, conference participation, and speaking opportunities
- Contribute to Build’s internal knowledge management through developing and implementing novel approaches, methods, and deliverables
- Reach or exceed monthly billable utilization goals
Core Competencies, Skills, and Abilities
- More than 10 years of experience working in a nonprofit (501c3 or similar) organization in a technology leadership role
- Experience leading enterprise-wide, phased nonprofit solution implementations
- Strong emotional intelligence that helps lead, facilitate, and support change for our clients.
- Motivated by challenges and learning new things in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of engaging with stakeholders at all levels of an organization with strong relationship management skills and proficient in developing rapport with diverse audiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for deliverables and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and independent thinker who thrives working remotely and is willing to actively engage colleagues and clients.
- Ability to learn and integrate Build’s approach to service delivery including project and change management
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience that demonstrates the core competencies, skills, and abilities above. Build Consulting welcomes applicants with non-traditional educational backgrounds and encourages those with requisite core competencies, skills, and abilities to outline how their experience makes them well-qualified for the role
- Reach or exceed monthly utilization goals
Location and Work Environment
Position is location-flexible. Build employees currently work either from home or on-site with clients, with roughly up to 25% of time traveling to clients’ sites and internal meetings. Our clients are located throughout the United States and Canada, including organizations with global offices.
About Build Consulting
Build Consulting, founded in 2015, has deep nonprofit and technology experience. We are committed to developing a strong company where work has an element of fun/play and we take time to build great relationships with fellow employees and the clients we serve. More information about what it is like to work at Build and the benefits we offer can be found here.