Nonprofit Development Operations and Technology (Video)
Recording of a webinar presented in partnership with Community IT Innovators.
In this video, four of Build’s experts lead a discussion about the challenges facing modern development/fundraising operations. We answer questions from the audience about development operations and technology challenges, and share insights and experience from our combined decades of experience in nonprofit strategy and constituent relationship management (CRM).
We shared our thoughts in answer to the following questions:
- What have been the major fundraising/development technology trends and evolutions over the past 3-4 years? (Starting at minute 4:30 in the video.)
- What should nonprofit fundraising and development look for in the future evolution of CRM technology? (13:30)
- I’m starting an individual giving program from the ground up. What should be my major focus points? (25:16)
- What are the potential pitfalls in selecting a new CRM system for my organization? (34:56)
- Our CRM seemed perfect during the sales pitch, but in reality there are a lot of workarounds that are taking up a lot of my time. Is this common? (43:58)
- What’s the role of leadership in supporting good constituent relationship management practices? (51:51)