Nonprofit Fundraising CRM Consultant
Build Consulting, a Washington DC-based consulting firm for nonprofits, is looking to expand its team by hiring a Nonprofit Fundraising CRM Consultant. Build Consulting is growing, and this is an opportunity to work with a diverse team with individual perspectives, experiences, and talents who bring this all together to transform nonprofits.
There have been, and continue to be, significant changes in the nonprofit fundraising CRM ecosystem and Build is looking for a Nonprofit Fundraising CRM Consultant to help our clients navigate these changes and leverage more from their CRM solutions.
We value strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to contribute to focused and compelling findings and recommendations that create clarity for our clients. You will work on project teams with our technology consultants to organize and contribute to business and technology projects that help our clients transform.
What You’ll Do
Consultants apply their nonprofit technology experience to understanding complex business/organizational requirements and their technology implications.
The Nonprofit Fundraising CRM Consultant will work on technology assessments, selections, and implementations where we guide nonprofits through strategies that result in meaningful, enduring impact on their mission. The Nonprofit Fundraising CRM Consultant will have the opportunity to deepen their understanding of nonprofit technology solutions and evolve their consulting and technology leadership skills through working with colleagues and a spectrum of nonprofits with a range of requirements.
Who You’ll Work With
The Nonprofit Fundraising CRM Consultant will partner with other Build Consulting team members with nonprofit technology experience, in a project-oriented environment working with multiple clients. Projects are typically performed by teams and, at times, by individual consultants. Because our team members are distributed across the U.S., the majority of work will be performed remotely from a home office or client site.
Position is location-flexible (Build employees currently work exclusively from home during COVID-19). In the future, some travel should be expected for occasional company meetings/retreats, conferences, and occasional on-site visits with clients.
- Support assessment, selection, and implementation projects that have an emphasis on fundraising CRM and/or fundraising/advancement operations
- Develop findings and roadmap recommendations specific to improving the operations, processes, data, and technology related to fundraising/advancement operations
- Support Build Consulting team members as a subject-matter expert on larger technology assessments by observing client-led system walkthroughs and evaluating their use of the system
- Assist in the change management for clients who must change technology or change the way they work
- Develop internal capabilities of Build Consulting by contributing to frameworks, documentation, and sharing of best practices related to fundraising CRM and fundraising/advancement operations
- Develop clear, accessible, and digestible findings and roadmaps that help organizations understand what is required to transform
- Elicit and analyze requirements from end-users to inform business process improvements, draft workflows and documentation to include in RFPs, and articulate current and future states.
- Using our project management toolkit, drive the management of project plans, project budgets, schedules, and status reporting
- Reach or exceed monthly billable utilization goals
- Additional duties as assigned
Core Competencies, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working on an enterprise-wide nonprofit technology implementation
- Motivated by challenges and learning new things in a fast-paced environment with multiple clients
- Capable of engaging with stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including strong relationship management skills and proficiency in developing rapport with diverse audiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-directed and independent thinker who thrives working independently
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
Successful candidates for a position with Build should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience that demonstrates the core competencies, skills, and abilities above. Build Consulting welcomes applicants with non-traditional educational backgrounds and encourages those with requisite core competencies, skills, and abilities to outline how their experience makes them well-qualified for the role
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience working in a nonprofit (501c3 or similar) organization in a technology leadership role
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working with a variety fundraising CRMs (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), Engaging Networks, ROI Solutions, etc.)
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in a complex fundraising/advancement operations environment servicing a diverse set of internal stakeholders
- Experience with complex technology implementation projects that required significant change for an organization
- Broader interest in and understanding of the nonprofit technology sector
- Comfortable working remotely, from a home office, and using digital collaboration tools to engage with team members and clients
Location and Work Environment
Position is location-flexible (Build employees currently work either from home or on-site with clients), with roughly up to 50% of time traveling to clients’ sites. Many of our clients are headquartered in the greater Washington DC area, but we also have clients throughout the United States.
About Build Consulting
Build Consulting, founded in 2015, has deep nonprofit and technology experience. We are committed to developing a strong company where work has an element of fun/play and we take time to build great relationships with fellow employees and the clients we serve.